MAA Bylaws Amendment and 2021 Membership Dues
Important Membership Notice
At the Michigan Assessors Association's 2020 Annual Business Meeting, the Association made three significant changes to the membership structure of the Association.
The membership approved the establishment of a Student Membership. Student Membership are defined as:
"... a person currently enrolled full time in any educational institution or is actively enrolled in a certification program designed to prepare the individual for certification as a Michigan Certified Assessment Technician (MCAT) or Michigan Certifies Assessing Officer (MCAO). The student member candidate shall petition the membership committee in writing for student membership status by submitting a paid membership application with documentation attesting to enrollment in and educational institution or certification program. Membership voted to change the Association's annual membership dues and structure."
1. The Subscribing Advisory position on the Board of Directors will now have a vote on matters before the Board. However, this position remains an appointed position by the President.
2. All Subscribing Members are now able to vote on all matters before the Association. However, Subscribing Members cannot hold elective office on the Board of Directors.
The Michigan Assessor
Also, in an effort to control costs and avoid membership fee increases, the Board of Directors has decided to eliminate a printed version of the Association's publication, "The Michigan Assessor"
. Beginning in 2021, all members will receive their magazine in an electronic version via a download. Additionally, the Board has change the frequency of the publication from monthly to bi-monthly.
It is important that members keep their email addresses current in their membership profile. Members' whose emails are returned as undeliverable will have their email address deleted from the magazine distribution list. However, even if a member does not receive an email notice for the magazine download, members can always download the most current issue from the MAA website's Publications page (Publications/eMagazine Download) or https://www.maa-usa.org/Publications/eMagazine-Download.
Members can also download any back issue to "The Michigan Assessor" from the Publications page at any time (Publications/Archives) or .https://www.maa-usa.org/Publications/Archives/Magazine-Archives. Back issues of "The Michigan Assessor" magazine are available all the way back to its beginning in 1959.
- If you have questions regarding joining the Michigan Assessors Association and/or its benefits, you can contact the Membership Chair, Liz Tobias at 517-694-1502 or email the Membership Chairperson.
- If you have questions regarding your membership status or dues payment, you can contact the Membership Services Coordinator, Heather Bouck at 517-925-8862 or email the Membership Coordinator.
- If you have questions regarding downloading your eMagazine, you can contact the MAA Webmaster, Matthew Raftary at 734-942-1324 of email the Webmaster.
Continue to Membership Application