Durk Ashley & Mark Mullet
Memorial Scholarship Fund
The purpose of these two funds is to assist Michigan Assessors Association (MAA) members whose employers provide no funding for education and who are financially burdened to self-fund educational opportunities.
The funding for these scholarships is made available by the Executive Board of the Michigan Assessors Association and private donations in order to provide greater opportunities for members to attend educational courses and seminars.
The funding is awarded to any MAA member who demonstrates a financial need, and intends to use the funds to complete an educational activity.
- The scope of the Scholarships includes STC approved courses offered by MAA, IAAO, STC and Community Colleges.
- The applicant must be a MAA member for whom there is no employer funding for the course on the application. A letter of verification by the employer is required.
- The applicant must work in a government assessing office. The applicant may work in any capacity, but must perform assessment-related functions. This requirement may be waived by scholarship committee, if the applicant is laid off from a government assessing office and provides proof.
- The scholarship is for tuition and test fees, not to exceed $300. The course must be STC approved, and be held within the State of Michigan.
- The scholarship is limited to one course (one semester) per student per year.
- Scholarships are not available for the MMAO Program.
- The student must submit proof of a passing grade or completion of a seminar for reimbursement.
- Reimbursements will be based on availability of funding. It is important to file your application as early as possible. Limited funds are available.
- The scholarship committee will review each application and notify each applicant.
You MUST file your application a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the event date that you are seeking assistance for. Applications received less than thirty (30) days prior to the event will not be considered.
The Michigan Assessors Association does not pre-pay tuition or registration. Scholarship funds are distributed after the applicant provides proof of attendance and successful completion of the approved program.
Scholarship Application Form